Welcome to the Open Space Alliance
The Open Space Alliance is a nonprofit organization whose purpose is to promote public awareness and conservation of Open Space lands, and to educate the public about the natural, historic, cultural, educational, and recreational aspects of Open Space areas.
10am – 4pm
The Open Space Alliance is pleased to announce the Grand Opening of the Open Space Gift Shop. Please visit the shop on April 26/27, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. It is located in the peaceful Open Space Visitor Center, 6500 Coors NW (access by Bosque Meadows Rd. between Montano and Paseo del Norte) on the east side of Coors.
The Open Space Gift Shop promises to offer gifts beyond the ordinary and tied to our devotion to open space and the natural world. Guidebooks, animal puppets, hats and supplies for the trail, the work of local artists as well as Open Space Farms Honey and Compost are among the starting inventory.
Proceeds from the Gift Shop will go to support the Albuquerque Open Space Division.
- Enjoy working with the public
- Are comfortable with retail cash transactions
- Can lift up to 20 lbs.
- Have basic computer skills
The giftshop will be open 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays and is located at
6500 Coors Blvd. NW inside the Open Space Visitor Center.
For more information, please contact Kristy at 505-715-1070 or
10am – 4pm
We are reinventing the cycle in recycle! Our partners in this venture are UPCYCLE ARTISTS. Browse the booths of artists who take items and transform them into objects of aesthetic and practical value. As the cycle of nature unfolding on our public lands inspires us, so does our evolving effort to increase the efficient use of our resources. You will also enjoy:
- EVERYTHING CYCLES game for chance to win raffle tickets!
- Irrational Pi pizza Food Truck
- Carnival Games for the whole family: Recycle Ring Toss, (waste) basket toss, Bob for “Worms”!
- Slam Poets on TRASH
- How Nature Recycles – The Art and Science of Composting
- Art Workshops with Art Street
- Kids’s Activities
- Silent Auction, Raffle, Educational Games,
- Presentations on reimagining the next thirty years.
- Film showing “Trashed”
- Food Forest Gardening – More Food, Less Water, More Possibilities!
- Music with Last Call, Juniper Hill and others
- Magic Show for Kids
- Dusty the Roadrunner from Keep New Mexico Beautiful
- Upcycle Arts & Crafts for Adults
- Grand Opening of “The Open Space Gift Shop”
- The art gallery show “Revived” featuring upcycle art closing reception